[Sca-cooks] This 'n that

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Mon Dec 9 19:49:48 PST 2002

Hi, Brighid.
I'm not a website <g>, but you can believe me when I say that I've kept
my simple syrups (sekanjabin, pomegranate, lemon, and lime/ginger) in
covered bottles in my cupboard for well over a year, and seen no
problems or mold or anything. I'd imagine that the differences in
recommendations may depend on the ratio of sugar to water....like, it's
okay to keep honey at room temp, but not real maple syrup?
Certainly, though, they'd be safe enough if you kept them cold, or even
froze them.  If winter gets cold enough in your part of the Known World,
maybe you could store them in your garage?
Chicken parts? I think it'd depend on what you're doing with them.  I'd
be tempted to use freezer ziploc bags, and double-bag the parts, putting
one recipe's worth in each doubled bag (the gallon size).
--Maire