[Sca-cooks] gas vs. electric ovens and ranges

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Dec 10 11:32:51 PST 2002

I like my electric Jenn-Air with the "Easy-To-Clean Glass-Ceramic
Surface." I especially liked the clean-up when the sugar syrup boiled
over a week ago. It would have been a disaster on a gas burner. I have
no problem with cooking anything I want on it, be it rice or whatever. I
don't usually do 20 gallon stock pots at home, so I can't speak to that
sort of quanity stuff. I also have the convection range feature and love
the oven. Well-insulated and it bakes evenly. I did not get the
downdraft model due to where the stove is placed in this house. I
couldn't see paying more for the venting than for the stove. 1500 for
downdraft and 2000 to vent to the outside wall through the master
bedroom closet. I don't think so.

{This is one thing to take a look at these days when searching for a
house is where they vent the driers and stoves. These new houses where
the appliances aren't on outside walls can be expensive to vent and
maintain.}

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway