PreCooking was ( Re: [Sca-cooks] This 'n that)

Nick Sasso NJSasso at msplaw.com
Tue Dec 10 14:26:06 PST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kirrily Robert" <skud at infotrope.net>
 Since we only have the site kitchen from 2pm on the day, I'm
> hoping to walk in there with most of my "mise en place" already "en
> place", so to speak, and be ready to put things in the oven and on
the
> stove pretty promptly.  The other bonus is that the site is about
100m
> from my home, so ferrying stuff to the site will be fairly easy, even
if
> we just rope in a bunch of volunteers to cart stuff over by hand.
> Yours,> Katherine

The proximity will be a big bonus given the time constraint.  100M away
is COOL!  The last one I did, last year, was 2 and a half hours away, so
we carted all food and all kitchen gear from Atlanta to basically
Birmingham with a prayer or five that we didn't leave anything vital
behind.  Gotta plan for one of those close ones since I've never been
closer than 90 minutes from home :o(

niccolo