[Sca-cooks] OT: cook for a cure

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Dec 10 15:40:39 PST 2002

At 06:21 PM 12/10/02 -0500, you wrote:
>this may be a tad off topic. or not...
>
>Kitchen Aid apparently makes a pale pink stand mixer.. and donates 50
>dollars of each sale to the Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation..

Geez- that's kinda cool!

I haven't seen a pink one- last time I noticed I saw a pale lavendar (:-P),
pale mint green (:-P) and a Beyootiful bright tangerine! But my sweetie sez
no orange mixer in out kitchen, even if it is a Kitchen-aid... Poop.

>there is apparently a cook for a cure book too....

Think I've heard of that but I can't remember.

Hey Anahita- didn't the warriors of Crosston recently do a War for a Cure
thing? I know they've done the Heart Assn and Kidneys- I think- no, maybe
it was just Sir John who did the breast cancer fundraiser. He might have
info though...

The local Hospitaller band marched in full armor through one of those 5k
fundraiser marches. That was a few years back, and they quickly realized
that they really had it pretty easy here- couldn't imagine doing it in the
sun and sand in the Holy Land...

'Lainie