[Sca-cooks] OT: cook for a cure

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Dec 10 18:15:35 PST 2002

I'd imagine you're right about that....the one I unfortunately get *my*
anatomy slammed in isn't even that accessible if you're *short!* For
pete's sake, I'm 5'5" (duh! like average height here!), and I have to go
up on tip-toes for the slamming.  I have no *clue* what a woman with
limited mobility would do!
It does occur to me, though, (just as I'm getting ready to hit the
"send" button! <g>) that the women's groups and health-related groups
that really push for things like educating women about breast self-exams
should be encouraged to reach out to women with physical disabilities.
Hmmm....now I'm curious about our local facilities.  I've got a
co-worker who's pretty active in cancer-survivor groups.  Think I'll
talk to her tomorrow.....
--maire, who makes herself go, because her mom died of metastasized
breast cancer, and it wasn't pretty....