[Sca-cooks] Bug Luurrve...

Anne duBosc anne_du_bosc at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 11 18:10:25 PST 2002

How about being original and calling it Drakey's Bug Lure?  Or Buglove?
Mordonna (NOW where did they hide that Rock?)
 "Jones, Craig" <Craig.Jones at airservicesaustralia.com> wrote:Hey, I have a cool story to share...

I was teaching a mead making class for St Aldhelms last night. Anyone
who's made mead knows that when you boil honey and water on the stove
you get a lovely and pervasive smell. Being a hot summers night, I had
all the windows open (with flyscreens)

Out of nowhere, there was the sounds of rain bashing on the windows.
When I had a look, there were 30-40,000 (no exaggeration) little
Christmas beetles (smaller and more elongated than usual) clinging (2-3
deep) to the outside of the windows and flyscreens, bouncing off the
windows and maddingly buzzing around any light source.

Someone opened a door to place a decoy of honey outside which only
served to let a couple of hundred into the kitchen.

The mead was hurriedly finished and poured into the fermenter and I
don't think any beetles got in to it.

This morning I cleaned bugs from every part of the kitchen and I had to
sweep thousands of dead bugs from the paths. There were many beetles
still attached to flyscreens, nearly all of them with another beetle
cunning placed on top, doing the 'wild thing'.

Drake's brew even works randy beetles into a bug sh*gfest... How
romantic...

Bizarre huh? What witty name should I call the brew?

Drake.

Lady Anne du Bosc
Known as Mordonna The Cook
Atenveldt, Atenveldt