[Sca-cooks] Deaf, was Russian (was Re: Accidental french) - OT

Patrick McKinnion patgund at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 12 18:28:46 PST 2002

on 12/12/02 2:01 PM, Kirsten Houseknecht at kirsten at fabricdragon.com wrote:

> so how many deaf, friends of deaf, grew up around deaf, or know sign
> language types are ON this list anyway?

    How about "work with deaf"?     I'm the systems administrator for a lab
that, among other things, studies the neurobiology of sign language.
There's three people in this lab that are deaf, and almost everyone signs to
a greater or lesser extent.    (Though mine is limited to technical jargon.
Ever try to fingerspell Unix commands????   :-)

    - Padraig o Connell

"Outlook not Good?"  Wow, the Magic 8-ball does know everything!  Next I'll
ask it about Exchange Server.....