[Sca-cooks] Crusades and cannibalism

vongraph vongraph at comcast.net
Thu Dec 12 21:02:16 PST 2002

> You underestimate the hypocrisy that the human mind can conjure up, I
> think. (Otherwise, the Nazis would have been dining on human flesh too.)

<<<<Well they did have few folks making lampshades  out of human skin, and
they didn't get to the starvation point.

> Furthermore, you purposefully distort the facts in stating that the
> decrees of the Crusades declared non-Christians to be not human,

<<<<I did not mean to distort the facts, but I do know that the church when
faced with the slaughter of whole villages or towns merely stated that it
was a necessity of the campaign. And the belief that the heathen were less
than human was widespread and even to the level of the church.

> >I simply have a problem with
> > people who somehow make the Crusaders out to be these God fearing
Righteous
> > folks doing only what was necessary to "free" the Holy Land.
>
> I don't know of anyone on this list who is advocating that point, Elric.
>

> *sigh* The point of the Crusades was to put the *government* of the Holy
> Land in Christian hands.

<<< and George Bush is going to war aginst Iraq to protect us from nukes and
nothing to do with oil :) The Crusades were to aquire land and revnue for
the church and all the bunk about liberation was simply another excuse

 > into the world's largest charnel-house, since there would be no way to
> dispose of the bodies.

<<<<I have to look up the city, but there was one battle where the Crusaders
put a whole city to the sword something like 10,000 men women and children,
I have seen few hundred bodies in one place, believe me 10,000 would be
charnel-house to say the least.

Elric