[Sca-cooks] Feastocrate vs. Head Cook

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Fri Dec 13 08:50:25 PST 2002

At 11:36 AM 12/13/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>So - I must have missed the converstion...
>Why have we gone away from the title of "Feastocrate"?  Not that I ever
>thought it was a fabulous title, But "Head Cook" doesn't seem to fit.
>
>For example:  I am the "Head Cook" for the Performer's Symposium in Ponte Alto
>in Feb, but my Deputy will probably do more cooking than me - I'm the
>organizational queen of the party.
>
>I like the title "Feast Steward" that they use in  the Middle.  Any comments?

I used to think I was into sadochism, necrophilia and bestiality, and then
I realized I was just flogging a dead horse!!!  Haven't we had this
discussion before?  LOL

To me, a Steward is in charge of "stuff".  plates, tables, utensils, etc.

Chef would be more appropriate a concept if you're in charge of the kitchen
and food, even if you're not going to cook, but for some reason a lot of
people feel weird about using that.  To me chef is just a title, not an
honorific :-)

My 2 bits :-)

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forthcastle, Meridies
mka Nicolas Steenhout
"You must deal with me as I think of myself" - J. Hockenberry