[Sca-cooks] Feastocrate vs. Head Cook

Lord Boroghul Khara boroghul at narn.pecan-tree.com
Fri Dec 13 09:23:13 PST 2002

The title hasn't really gone away, Vitha, it's more a personal preference
issue.

Tomato-Tomah-to  that sort of thing.

There are some people that don't think it is necessary to add "-ocrat" to
everything involving an SCA event ( feastocrat, landocrat, autocrat,
childocrat, etc)
Others just like the sound of the title better.  I personally like Head Cook
better, one of my dearest friends prefers feastocrat.

Things may have changed in Ponte Alto now, but while I was active there, the
preferred term was Head Cook.

Neither is really wrong, and when either is said everyone understands that
you're talking about the volunteer* to cooking the feast for the event.

* poor sucker with helium hand syndrome that said "No...problem"

Vitha uge-ber:

> So - I must have missed the converstion...
> Why have we gone away from the title of "Feastocrate"?  Not that I ever
> thought it was a fabulous title, But "Head Cook" doesn't seem to fit.
>
> For example:  I am the "Head Cook" for the Performer's Symposium in Ponte
Alto