[Sca-cooks] Feastocrate vs. Head Cook

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Fri Dec 13 11:32:04 PST 2002

In a message dated 12/13/2002 11:40:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,
kerrimart at mindspring.com writes:

> Why have we gone away from the title of "Feastocrate"?  Not that I ever
> thought it was a fabulous title, But "Head Cook" doesn't seem to fit.

Because "feastocrat", in a lot of people's opinion, is a made-up abomination
of a word, and there are lots better and more period terms to use.
My personal favorite is "kitchener", but I will use head cook if people get
too wiered out by the other.

And, in many cases, head cook DOES fit.  For me it certainly does.  While I'm
happy to have folks to delegate and be "head" of, I often don't...
Besides, doesn't the "head cook" tell all the other cooks what to do?

Brangwayna