[Sca-cooks] What hit me

Isabella di Giovanni isabella_di_giovanni at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 13 20:46:39 PST 2002

Lady Mordonna, please be very careful. I am not sure which strain it was, but I lost (yes, they died) two friends right before Thanksgiving, with some sort of this crud.
Isabella
 Anne duBosc <anne_du_bosc at yahoo.com> wrote:--

Well, back from the Doctor after my follow up from the emergency room. Seems the bug that got me is Influenza A. Same nasty little bug that wiped out half a continent early in the 20th century. I've got two sore arms (flu vaccine and pneumonia vaccine), more drugs, and instructions to

1. sleep as much as possible this weekend

2. try to keep my blood sugar a bit high (seems this particular virus can lower blood sugar drastically)

3. stick to a soft, bland diet for another week

and

4. don't cook for anyone other than myself for at least a month.

Mordonna

Lady Anne du Bosc
Known as Mordonna The Cook
Atenveldt, Atenveldt