[Sca-cooks] Period Junk food

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 15 00:02:09 PST 2002

>See above. How solid? The standard recipe often used by SCAdians that
>is often referred to as Period Chicken McNuggets is adapted from a
>recipe that does not call for frying boneless chicken in a batter or
>other coating, let alone ground and reformed, pseudo-chicken-breast.

When my daughter was in grade school, the teachers used to award the
good students by giving them coupons to use at certain fast food
outlets.

While i have long considered such food an abomination, although i
have on occasion been compelled to buy "food" in some of them, i
wanted my daughter to make up her own mind. And after all, she was so
excited to win a free meal. So we went a time or two.

I ate a Chicken McNugget once - after that experience, i call them
Chicken Fluff.

And those few experiences were enough for her to know she didn't want
to go back. My daughter at age 5 enjoyed eating snails (pace, Queen
Carmen), squid, hot Thai food, and much more.

Anahita