[Sca-cooks] Feastocrate vs. Head Cook

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 15 08:03:16 PST 2002

On 15 Dec 2002, at 2:13, Laura C. Minnick wrote:

> I frankly am tired of the '-ocrat' stuff. Autocrat. Feast-o-crat.
> Tourney-crat. Merchantcrat. Gate-o-crat, Biff-o-crat. Small-o-crat. This is
> ridiculous. Better: Event Steward. Head Cook or Kitchen Surveryor.
> Marshall. Chancellor. Porter. Usher. Tutor or Nurse. it really needn't be
> hard...

I told my autocrats that I had three conditions for cooking a feast:
1. a reasonably free hand with the menu, within the budget
2. the kitchen crew is not resonsible for post-feast cleanup
3. I am to be called "the cook" *not* feastocrat.

I was particularly firm on the last point.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net