[Sca-cooks] Early Christmas gift - Woot!

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 16 09:43:20 PST 2002

Serena wrote:

> Seriously tho, whenever my parents go on vacation I ask them to bring me back cookbooks. I particualarly
> like the kind that are obviously not mass produced. Along the lines of, we went to this really great restaraunt and they
> had this cookbook of their foods. Also great are the regional cookbooks, here in the US they are called Junior League,
> but I am sure they have them everywhere.
>
> This has resulted in me having some pretty darn interesting cookbooks. The ones from New Zealand are a hoot.

I collect these as well.  The most unusual organizations have these. Churches, Schools and Charities of every kind,
Rockhounds, Star Trekkers, etc. Lots of repetition of course.  If I find even one unique or exceptional recipe I count it as
a Real Find.

Janet Jarvits' has shelves and shelves of these.
<http://www.cookbkjj.com/>

Selene Colfox, Caid
selene at earthlink.net