[Sca-cooks] cauliflour and so on

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Mon Dec 16 10:17:39 PST 2002

Brussel sprouts are , if properly cooked,  tender little cabbages. best
served plain with salt and butter..... and quite yummy

i like my cauliflour raw, with Catalina french dressing. personally.
BUT
they are very tasty if steamed or boiled and then served with melted cheese.
the best caulifour recipe i ever had was this......

boil cauliflour in broth, enough to just cover
remove when slightly underdone
set aside.......
now take the broth and  add in enough cheese to melt into a thick sauce (can
be thin sauce, to taste)
mix in spices (she used pepper, and parsley, and thyme.. i think)
place caulifour in a dish and pour sauce over it.... sprinkle bread crubs..
place in oven to toast/ brown the cheese just a bit (now the cauliflour is
fully cooked!)
serve.
Kirsten
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
http://www.fabricdragon.com

"Did you vote?  No?   Then don't come whining to me...."