Fries and fried meat... Re: [Sca-cooks] horsemeat

John Kemker john at kemker.org
Mon Dec 16 15:56:14 PST 2002

Unfortunately, Ninkasi's Hymn isn't as fun.  It's actually a recipe for
Sumerian Beer.

http://www.piney.com/BabNinkasi.html

Ancient Sumeria, now known as Southern Iraq, not only is thought to be the
earliest civilization, but also the first brewers of beer.  Some scholars
have hypothesized that beer strongly influenced the hunter-gatherers to
settle down and become farmers, so they could grow grain to make beer.
(Of course, that is by no means a proven theory.)

--Cian O'Madadhain