[Sca-cooks] Buffalo Liver

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 16 22:26:25 PST 2002

Kristianne asked:
> Okay....  I just received about 1/2 of a buffalo liver.  For the uninformed
> that's about 6-7 pounds of liver!!!  I've frozen it for now but aside from
> liver and onions for dinner and pate any other suggestions?
>
> I'm also probably going to get the meat from an entire buffalo in late
> January so there will be still more liver and assorted other parts and
> pieces.  Organ meat recipes welcome.

liver-msg         (37K)  2/11/02    Medieval cooking of liver. Recipes.
organ-meats-msg   (72K)  2/11/02    Period cooking of organ meats.

exotic-meats-msg  (76K) 12/14/02    Period and SCA exotic meats. Swans, ostrich,
                                       crawfish, dormice, cat.
Ital-Stuffing-art (20K) 11/ 3/02    "Stuffing Recipes from 16th Century Italian
                                       Cookbooks" by Lady Helewyse de Birkestad.

There are all in the FOOD-MEATS section of the Florilegium.
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com