[Sca-cooks] Buffalo Liver

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Tue Dec 17 06:27:39 PST 2002

Also sprach Randall Cook of Northpass:
>  > Perhaps something chopped... in a Buffalo chopper...
>>
>>  Adamantius (slooooowly I turned... step by step... innnnch by inch...)
>
>I think I missed that one... isn't that the "Susquehanna Hat Company"
>routine?

In short, yes. Several comedians have done this routine in vaudeville
and elsewhere; most people will be familiar with the Abbot and
Costello version[s], but several others have done it before and since
(The Ritze Brothers' is probably the definitive version).

But yes, the logical sequence of things that cannot be mentioned to
the narrator were:

The Susquehanna Hat Company,

on

Floogle Street (sometimes Bagel Street)

in

Niagara Falls (sometimes Buffalo -- which is how we got here from this thread)

Milton Berle did a musical version that involved not being able to
say "Buffalo" without dire consequences, complete with the requisite
"slowly I turned" bit as part of the formula.

Adamantius