[Sca-cooks] Titles (of people, that is), was Flinging large rocks

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 17 12:08:22 PST 2002

>Nobody ranks higher than the List Daddy.

Well, I'm speaking of strict SCA rank. Kind of makes
me remember the old joke about the MP arresting the
general, "Sir, don't let your rank get CONFUSED with
my authority."

On the list, I have the ultimate power because it's my
list.

But HG Cariadoc outranks me in the SCA. And I may have
been mistaken, what is Elizabeth's title?

I believe Dame Alys has stepped down from the Throne
of the Middle so I now out-rank her in Time in Grade.
Is there anyone I'm missing?

>but I imagine that it would be a major headache to figure
>out the order of precedence for this list, being
>multi-kingdom as it is.

Considering some of the anal-retentive geniuses on this
list, I wouldn't put it past someone.

>Besides, everyone knows that rank on this list is really
>measured by one's knowledge, cooking ability, helpfulness,
>courtesy, and sense of humor.

You forgot infinate patience.
But I agree with you. There are folks on here who only have
AoAs that I would place against most Laurels. And Royal
titles mean diddly here. Also remember that not everyone
on the list is a member of the SCA.

One of the reasons I refused when I was approached for a Laurel
one time was that I felt I couldn't possibly hold my head
up and tell these folks I'd been made a Laurel. I still have
way too much to learn. I'm quite content to be a mere student
of the arts.

>Her Sufficiency, Brighid the Usually Adequate

Besides, to me the only title that matters is the honor of
your name.

Yers,

Gunthar