[Sca-cooks] Titles (of people, that is), was Flinging large rocks

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 17 12:22:30 PST 2002

Randall Cook of Northpass wrote:

> > I'm not a herald, but I imagine that it would be a major headache to figure
> > out the order of precedence for this list, being multi-kingdom as it is.
>
> I doubt if you could, unless we picked a "home kingdom" for the list. Failing
> that, I could set it up that similar ranks are sorted by the eldest kingdom
> (i.e. a Count of the West outranks a Count of the East who outranks a Count of
> the Middle...) <wandering away muttering to himself in heraldese>

No, there is a date on every award.  Count Gunther has been of county rank longer
than Countess Alys Katherine, even though her kingdom [Middle] is older than his
[Ansteorra, yesno?]
One of our wonderful Caid heralds who logged the Order of Precedence for a long
time put them all in chronological order and kept them that way.  Everybody has a
number.  Too bad we don't do Grand March more often anymore, now with the numbers
it's not so hard to arrange!

Trying to shove this back on topic:  Is your home kingdom giving enough awards to
the Culinary artists, and if not, why not?  One way to help is to write a letter
to the Crown about someone you consider worthy.  Contrary to popular belief,
fuelled by simple humility, ANYBODY can write a letter to the Crown for any
award.  Kings are not omniscient, they only know what people tell them.  Look at
it this way, you are doing a service to the Crowned folk by keeping them informed.

Selene Colfox, Caid
selene at earthlink.net