[Sca-cooks] Fattigman cookies

Irene Karlsson Irene.Karlsson at ebc.uu.se
Wed Dec 18 06:44:51 PST 2002

I don´t know if this is the same thing, but what I´m thinking of is also yummy!

Fattiga riddare (translates litterally from swedish as "poor
knights"!) are made like this: Take slices of day old white bread
(for extra yumminess made with eggs and sugar in the dough, I don´t
know what this bread would be called in english) make a batter of
eggs, milk and wheat flour (1 egg, 2 dl milk and 1 dl flour) and dip
the slices into the batter. Fry until golden brown and turn in
sugar+cinnamon/cardamom
Enjoy!

I think I will have to make a batch tonight ;-)

Irene