[Sca-cooks] Re: bundt cake?

Mark Calderwood mark-c at acay.com.au
Wed Dec 18 05:01:53 PST 2002

At 14:50 17/12/02 -0500, you wrote:
>After high school, one goes to college/university
>How's that for a summary?

Excellent, thanks. I was thinking more of other terms, what is:
Homecoming (and where have they been?)
Commencement (doesn't his happen at the end of the school year?)
Freshman
Sophomore
letterman
varsity
the terrifying ritual of the pep assembly/rally (as in Grease or Heathers)
The even more baffling rituals of the road trip and spring break
What purpose do fraternities/sororities have and why are they named after
strings of Greek letters?
Why does everyone get so worked up about cheerleaders? (Vacuous *and* loud
doesn't seem to be a combination to laud, to me)
Do kids ever bring their lunch to school?
SAT's
Ivy league

Sorry for the off-topicness, feel free to reply privately if you wish. Such
burning questions as Buffy, Heathers and so forth raise...

Food content: caught an episode of Jamie Oliver's new vehicle Oliver's
Twist tonight. What a load of bollocks. Fortunately offset by the repeat
screening of the Two Fat Ladies and the bio of Jennifer Patterson this
evening on the trusty ABC...

Giles