[Sca-cooks] Paganism was RE: A new twist!

Randall Cook of Northpass goldberg at bestweb.net
Wed Dec 18 14:36:30 PST 2002

> > Apollonia, you asked the difference between wiccan and pagan, well if
you
> > think of what Catholics are to Christianity, then you have a base idea
of
> > what wiccans are to paganism.
>
> Now are you making the comparison that Wicca is more mystical and
spiritual
> and stuff like that compared to the rest of paganism? I'm sort of confused
> with that analogy

Catholicism is a subset of Christianity, as Wicca is a subset of Paganism.
Personally, I think it's a rather weak analogy (no disrespect to the
original poster), since Wicca is not the current heir to the "original"
Paganism (there's no such thing).

Randy

Randall Cook of Northpass (soon to be "of Sudentur")
     (formerly Avraham haRofeh)
     (mka Randy Goldberg MD)
RandomTag: Be vewy, vewy quiet... I'm hunting tagwines.

---