[Sca-cooks] SAD

Anne duBosc anne_du_bosc at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 18 18:12:31 PST 2002

Come on out to El Valle del Sol here in Sunny Atenveldt.  The Aten Sun shines 360 days a year.  I'm telling you, it did wonders for my Mom.
We're having a real cold snap,  temps are supposed to get below 40 F tonight.  Maybe below freezing out in the desert.  Rained early (a trace, not enough to measure) but was sunny for about 9 hours.  Wind, though.  High today was 68 F.
This is an El Nino year, so we may have more rain than usual.  Count on rain at Estrella.  Last time we camped at Estrella Park for the Estrella War was an El Nino year, too.  And the airbed became a waterbed.  I can tell you, I am NOT camping in the same spot again this year!
Mordonna
 Gorgeous Muiredach <muiredach at bmee.net> wrote:At 05:58 PM 12/18/2002, you wrote:
>I was reading an article in 'Psychology Today" on
>Seasonal Affliction Disorder. And the main cure for
>it was vitamins. This got me thinking. Was there
>such a problem in the medeaval diate? (sorry I am an
>awful speller) and did the dieate really change from
>summer to winter? especially in more northernly
>regions like Briton.

I'm not sure about medieval times, but lemme tell you, don't believe
everything you read in "Psych today"... I have had SAD a long time (on
top of some other issues), and vitamins have done ZIP to fix. Those silly
lamps did as much for me, except that they depleted my pocketbook even more.

Moving from Montreal, then Chicago, finally to Savannah though, is helping
LOTS :)

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forth Castle, Meridies