[Sca-cooks] Cookies arrived

Jeff Gedney Gedney1 at iconn.net
Thu Dec 19 10:27:28 PST 2002

Be ready.
I wont give spoilers, but they took a lot more liberties with the story than in
the first one.
It was _not_ badly done, in fact,  I liked it a lot - especially the battle
scenes (which have to be seen to be believed!) - but there was, I estimate,
about 45 minutes of the film that was not from the book at all.
Even so, it was definitely WELL worth the price of admission, and then some.
Movie of the year material IMHO.
A lot of the dialog was compressed to heighten dramatic tension, too.

All in all, where I would give a A+++ to the first movie, as a Tolkein fanatic,
I would give this one an A-.
Still a glorious effort, but it remains to be seen if the next one can fulfill
the promise of the first one.  It should.

Again, the battle scenes ALONE are worth the price of the film.
Definitely go.

ObFood  content:
 here is a recipe I found for Lembas cakes...
http://www.hobbitfood.republika.pl/elves.htm
anyone else have any?

Brandu

Going back to school is like riding a bike ...

After fumbling with the pedals, getting saddle
sores from a too-small seat, and struggling
uphill, you realize why you got a car in the
first place.