[Sca-cooks] SAD

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Dec 19 19:21:17 PST 2002

> Things like fish couldn't go far, because the fish were dead.

Except, of course, salted, dried, or pickled fish.

> Since fruits would be picked ripe, unlike the fruits of today, they
> wouldn't last terribly long, but could be transported some distance.
> Some fruits store for a while, such as apples and pears, and quinces
> store even longer.

Techniques for stretching harvest times and for preserving grapes, etc.
were apparently in use by the end of our period (_Charleston Kedding_)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Words can be your friend or your enemy, depending on who's
throwing the book, so watch your language." Stoppard