[Sca-cooks] Eggnog cookie recipe

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Fri Dec 20 08:47:52 PST 2002

Here's the recipe for the eggnog cookie part of my contribution. The
recipe comes from the _Mrs. Field's Best Ever Cookie Book_.

Eggnog cookies

Preheat oven to 300F

2 1/4 c all-purpose flour
1 t baking powder
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg
1 1/4 c sugar
3/4 c butter
1/2 c commercial egg nog
1 t vanilla
2 large egg yolks
1 T nutmeg

Whisk the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg together. Cream the
butter and sugar together, add the eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks, beat
until blended. Add the flour mixture, mix until just blended. Drop by
spoonfuls onto cookie sheet 1" apart. (I forget if they're supposed
to be greased or ungreased--I use non-stick and/or baking parchment,
myself.) Sprinkle a little of the nutmeg on each cookie, bake 23-25
minutes until bottoms are lightly brown. Remove immediately to a cool flat
surface.

*The recipe as written is too sweet for me, if I make these again I will
make my own, less sweet eggnog.

*There wasn't enough cinnamon or nutmeg for me, but I like strong flavors.

Margaret