[Sca-cooks] Questions.....OOP

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Fri Dec 20 10:27:15 PST 2002

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002, Amanda Blackwolf wrote:

> 1. What temp should goose be cooked to? And is there a rough estimate of minutes per pound?
> 2. Is it really sacreligious (sp?) to omit cinnamon from peach pie and apple pie? <my MIL says it is, but I wanna be able to eat what I cook, dammit>
>
> Amanda

It really isn't sacreligious to omit things that will kill you from your
baked goods. We always had to leave the cinnamon out for my grandmother,
because she's allergic to it. There are other spices to use in pies, after
all--cloves, nutmeg, mace, ginger, grains of paradise, pepper, cubebs,
allspice. Cinnamon is just the traditional one for apple. We never used it
peach pies at all.

Margaret