[Sca-cooks] SCAers getting special treats

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 20 16:47:27 PST 2002

--- Michael Gunter <countgunthar at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I can actually top that story. A friend of mine
> has
> the most incredible good luck/bad luck I've
> ever seen.
> One of his "good luck" times was when he was
> visiting
> a friend of his who works in the Tower of
> London. (I
> think it was the Tower)As he was talking with a
> couple
> of the curators, one looked him up and down,
> asked a
> couple of questions about his height, weight,
> etc..
> and then asked him if he could help them with
> an
> experiment. Puzzled, my friend agreed. They had
> him
> change into a white body suit and then
> proceeded to
> attach armor to him. Evidently, he is the exact
> height,
> weight and size of the Emperor Maximillion and
> they had
> never had the chance to see how the armor went
> on a living
> body. So my friend got to wear THE Maximillion
> Plate.
> I wouldn't have believed it but he showed me
> pictures
> of him in it with the curators.
>
> Wow.
>
> Gunthar

Yes.  Some people have amazing good fortune.  Me,
I was with SCA friends in the Prado in Madrid and
we were excited about seeing some of the portaits
we had only seen before as small pictures in
badly printed books.  All I ever got was museum
guards telling me that my breath was corrosive
and not to stand so close.  Sigh.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.