[Sca-cooks] OT - New England and New York

A F Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 20 20:40:52 PST 2002

OK, does this help? When New England was first called New England, this
was New Amsterdam, in New Netherlands...

If the SCA ever decides firmly that it does want to run to 1650, you can
keep your Cavaliers. I'll be a good Dutch housewife... with a thatched
roof and Delft tiles around my fireplace, and a double door, and... oh,
yes, I'll happen to live on the same island I live on  currently! *G*

58 degrees is just wrong for December...

Parts of Texas get pretty cold and icy, too... my mom was in the
Panhandle when she was in the Army Air Corps. Their supply people
wouldn't send heavy boots and warm coats -after all, they were in Texas!
She said her CO had the company fall in under the camp sign, during a
blizzard, took a photo, and sent it along with her next requisitions.
That garnered them rubbers...

Anne