[Sca-cooks] Cookies arrived

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Fri Dec 20 22:28:39 PST 2002

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> The hot chocolate ones were interesting, but I expected them hotter,
> the spice was barely noticeable.
> Ranvaig

Well, what I've been trying to do with them was exhibit the flavor of the
hot peppers, rather than the pure heat thing too many people go for. Burning
someone's intestines out is one thing, and I'll leave it to the macho ducks
and their pepper-eating contests. I'm working towards a richness of flavor,
of which the heat is a balanced, and balanceable, component.

OTOH, next time I make some of my chile powder, I'll announce it, and send
samples out to anybody who requests it on the List.

And if you were to request it, Stefan, I might be quite happy to donate/help
you make a couple pots of chili to the Ansteorra Chili party. Certainly I've
been fed well enough there, that I can return the favor ;-)

Phlip, who feels overpowering is as bad as bland....

cat.

Never a horse that cain't be rode,