[Sca-cooks] Buttermilk Scones - oop recipe

Anne duBosc anne_du_bosc at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 21 10:50:55 PST 2002

Buttermilk Scones
1 c. self raising flour
pinch salt
1 oz butter
1 egg beaten
1/2 cup buttermilk
Makes 8
Preheat oven to gas mark 450 F.  Sift flour with salt and rub in butter or margarine.  Make a well in the center and pour in the egg and most of the buttermilk.  Mix quickly to form a soft dough, adding a little extra buttermilk if dough is too tight.  Turn onto a floured surface and roll out into a rough circle about an inch thick.  Cut into 8 triangles like a pie.  Bake on an oiled and floured cookie tin for 15-20 minutes.
Recipe handed down from my Scotch-Irish Grandmother.
Mordonna
 Anne duBosc <anne_du_bosc at yahoo.com> wrote:--

Uh, wouldn't that be Victorian rather than Elizabethan?
Betsy Marshall wrote:can you cc: them to me also?
I had a bid on a catalogue of a Elizabethan jeweler's hoard they dug
up,(1890's if I recall) but it got too expensive..
Betsy