[Sca-cooks] FYI

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sun Dec 22 20:09:41 PST 2002

At 10:49 PM 12/22/02 -0500, you wrote:
>--
>Since there is no more A&S list.... (is there?) I am posting this here,
even though there is no food content. (Unless we shoot and cook the bird)
FYI:

>The Sunday Times said McCartney applied for the crest in 1997, the year he
was knighted for his contribution to British music and society, but the
death of his first wife, Linda, in 1998 delayed its design and approval.
The coat of arms was granted by the College of Arms, the English heraldic
body formed in 1484, the newspaper said.

Of course it is the _device_ and not the _crest_ that was approved (damn
Brits- don't know the difference ;-) but hey- that's pretty fast! Our COH
would have spent another couple of years arguing over it, yeah? (Yeah yeah
yeah! We love it yeah yeah yeah! We hate it yeah yeah yeah! Send it back
for a chayaynge...)

'Lainie
yup- running for the rock- gotta get my shoes on quick here...