[Sca-cooks] FYI

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sun Dec 22 21:03:17 PST 2002

At 03:27 PM 12/23/02 +1100, you wrote:
>At 20:09 22/12/02 -0800, you wrote:
>>Of course it is the _device_ and not the _crest_ that was approved (damn
>>Brits- don't know the difference ;-)
>
>Au contraire, dear lady, the terminology used in the article is quite
>correct. The real-life College of Arms grants (registers) not only the
>device but the crest, badge, and even motto and supporters if so desired
>and purchased. See the recent rants of arms section at
>http://www.college-of-arms.gov.uk . Comments about damn Seppos not knowing
>the difference have been diplomatically suppressed. :o)

La la la. However, what they described in the article was not the crest-
though I suppose it is entirely possible that they could refer to the crest
and describe the device- after all, I have been know to start talking about
a houppelande and refer to the chaperon without making it clear that I'd
passed above the collar...

As to the difference, that comment was Fieldless, a tongue Gules, firmly in
cheek... Suppose you could add an annully if you need a difference... ;-D)

>Giles
>Munching leftover biscotti as he writes this (food content)...

Hmm. I still can't eat anything like biscotti, but there might be some
cocoa in the kitchen...

'Lainie