[Sca-cooks] egg roll question Probably OOP

Isabella di Giovanni isabella_di_giovanni at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 23 08:22:01 PST 2002

Thank you. Any help is very greatly appreciated. I will be buying the wrappers.
Isabella...the Oriental cooking impaired
 "Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius" <adamantius.magister at verizon.net> wrote: Also sprach Isabella di Giovanni:
>I have a confession. I have never, EVER made Chinese egg rolls. I
>have another confession. I am supposed to be making them for our
>Christmas Eve party, tomorrow night. HHHEEELLLPPP!!!
>

>Does anyone have a favorite recipe that even I could follow? There
>will be about 25 of us, pot luck.

Do you have access to an Asian grocery or other commercial source of
wrappers, or are you making them?

In the painfully easy department, there's a variant that's either
Shanghainese or Taiwanese, I forget which, offhand, which involves
ground beef mixed with veg and seasonings, which is rolled into
sausage shapes, steamed, cooled, then wrapped in the wrapper sheets
and fried. Maybe Phlip has the recipe on hand; I know she had it at
one time, and I'm a bit typing-impaired at the moment, so if I can
get it to you in some other way it would be preferable...

Adamantius