[Sca-cooks] egg roll question Probably OOP

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 23 08:45:50 PST 2002

>Greetings.
>I have a confession. I have never, EVER made Chinese egg rolls. I have
> >another confession. I am supposed to be making them for our Christmas
> >Eve party, tomorrow night.   HHHEEELLLPPP!!!
>Does anyone have a favorite recipe that even I could follow? There >will be
>about 25 of us, pot luck.
>Thanks.
>Isabella

Gee, I haven't made eggrolls in forever, but when I did they were big and
fat and good even cold from the fridge. Let's see..I shaved white caggage,
onion and carrot together with some chinese cabbage, chopped some sliced
water chestnuts in added seasonings and sauted in a pan till limp with just
the smallest bit of oils, both olive and seseme(sp).  Then I would remove
this from the pan and press between several layers of clean cloth to remove
any oil to reduce the entire grease effect.  I would then add any chopped
pre cooked meat or shrimps, roll the things up in a wrap and deepfry.  The
first ones always come out darker so make sure you allow for that as
"tasters" even if you have a deep frier, which I do.  I don't know why this
happens but it does.
Good luck!  Now I feel a need to make some...
Olwen