[Sca-cooks] Olwen's marzipan pizza photos

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 23 10:33:23 PST 2002

>Maire asked:
>>Hey, Olwen...were there pictures of the pizzas in your "photo albums?"
>>If so, I couldn't find them, although I always enjoy looking at the
>>people and the goodies...sometimes, it feels like we're sitting in
>>Papa's living room, clustered around the coffee table, and you've got
>>the albums out for show and tell!
>>--maire, who would have enjoyed your pizzas--she loves marzipan and good
>>jokes!
>Yes, they are available at the link she gave. I wish there had been a
>
>more straight down view or a close-up view. From the photo the pizza looked
>very realistic in its cardboard pizza box. Probably the best imitation item
>from her group, so far.
>

>The way they apparently presented them was good, also. With a modern
>pizza delivery person in mundane clothes (a uniform?) complete with
>insulated,
>plastic pizza carry bag. So, as much as I applaud the effort and the
>authentic
>looking pizza, I do have mixed feelings on this particular stunt.
>It was very much a modern day joke and if your primary interest in the SCA
>is
>to do period re-creation it could have been a bit jarring. It didn't look
>like
>it had been presented during Court, though.
>--
>THLord Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of

The picture you speak of Stefan, is the marzipan pizza Hans and I did for
the Crown Tourney event when, after the 'light lunch' that was offered to
the Crown was over, "just making sure they had enough", Hans dressed in the
uniform and delivered the "pizza".  They *loved* it!!  And they ate it and
shared it all around.  They were hit with one after another soltie and loved
every one and ate them all!  After they were through playing with them
anyway.
As for the pizza's I made for cooks guild, here are the three that I have
pictures of.  I never got a picture of the hashbrown crust pizza.  Look here
and hit the next button for the other two.  Oh.  If you press pervious you
will see a great picture of Master Chirhart and his ladywife Mistress Jeanne
(Bec)
http://groups.msn.com/OlwensOddities/thecooksguildmembers.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=191
Olwen