[Sca-cooks] get ready! Incoming!!

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 24 12:52:28 PST 2002

--- Olwen the Odd <olwentheodd at hotmail.com>
wrote:
> >Sigh.
> >
> >I haven't received mine either.  I doubt that
> the
> >box will arrive _before_ Christmas.  I wonder
> >what kind of bribery Jamal used in order to
> get
> >his sooooo soon.  You don't know how hard it
> is
> >to hear the tales of all the deliciousness and
> >not be able to share ...  Of course, this is
> >_not_ a complaint.  I am sure that the entire
> >fault lies with the Post Awful ...
> >
> >Sigh.
> >
> >Huette
>
> aaaawww..poor Huette...dear thing needs
> cheering...what say gang...can we
> think of a fun thing to cheer her??!  Hmmm??
> Post Awful has been soo mean
> and withholding and all...and we (mostly)
> already got our cookies half
> eaten, and the peanut butter ones were soooooo
> yummy, and the cranberry
> biscotti was heaven and the thin
> rosemary.....oops..don't want to go messing
> with sweet Huette.  Apologies dearie...
> Olwen, innocent till you can catch me at it!

Well, you can stop gloating ... sort of.

My cookies have arrived ... sort of.  Well,
pieces of my cookies have arrived.  The package
looks like Santa sat on it and then let all his
reindeer stomp on it a couple of dozen times.
Most of the cookies have broken, except one bag
of brown colored cookies that have adhered into a
solid lump.  The breads and cupcake-shaped
fruitcakes and breads seem to have survived
intact. Oh well. I am sure that the crumbs will
be tasty. Jamal's cookies in the foil pan
survived, but the foil pan is badly crunched. It
gave its life to protect its contents.  Jamal,
please know that I will give your pan an
honorable warriors burial. It did its job well.

Appolonia, what was the final count of people who
participated?  I have taken everything out of the
box.  While I have lots and lots of duplicates, I
counted only 28 different packages.  Is this
correct, or have some of the cookies been
diverted by the Post Awful?

Olwen, I admire your courage.  Teasing a Laurel
takes guts.  I will remember what you said.  How
do you spell your full name? :-)

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.