[Sca-cooks] OT - cat antics

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Dec 24 13:56:42 PST 2002

Irmgart commented:
> I feed him a diet of
> raw chicken (with bones and some of the innards--contact me if you'd like
> more info...I'm a great proponent of feeding bones and raw--BARF--to cats).

Do you just put chicken parts in the blender and grind them up? I thought you
had to be careful of chicken bones with cats? Or is that just with the neck?

> He would like to be a kibble junkie, but he is allergy to the corn that is
> in almost all kibble.

So, how did you determine the cat was allergic to corn?

> OFC: Also, for Yule on Sunday, I was cooking a duck for Yule and the d*mned
> cat stole the liver that I had set aside to make pate out of. grrrr... I'd
> already given him the heart, part of the neck and the gizzard... was he
> happy with that??? NO... <sigh>

How much pate can you make out of 1 duck liver? It doesn't seem it would
be very much. Is it really worth the labor?

> Well, the duck was pretty good for a first attempt... I think next time,
> I'll prick the skin of the duck more so that more of the fat will run out.
You might find some of the comments in this file of interest:
duck-goose-msg    (28K) 10/ 8/01    Cooking duck and goose. Recipes.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/eels-msg.html
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com