[Sca-cooks] Isabella's latest stunt and rice vinegar question

Isabella di Giovanni isabella_di_giovanni at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 24 14:30:54 PST 2002

 Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:
Isabella commented:
> What is my latest masochistic stunt?

Huh? I had to double check this and verify that this message wasn't from
Drakey. :-)

> Phlip, you said you use rice wine vinegar. The brand I got was Nakano, seasoned rice vinegar...great, just typing in I noticed it wasn't rice WINE vinegar. Ever heard of it? Seems the only seasoning was a little sugar. Since I live out in God's country and am fairly well snowed in, I guess I'll try it and see. I really don't know a whole lot about wine or vinegar or fancy cooking or period cooking..but thanks to you guys, I'm trying and learning.

Perhaps these files in the FOOD section of the Florilegium might be of
interest, although since rice wine (and rice wine vinegar) seem to be Asian
use and origin, I don't know if the answer to your specific question can be
found here in these files.

Vinegar-art (20K) 6/26/01 "What's so special about Vinegar?" by
Mistress Christianna MacGrain.
Vinegar-NJFCC-art (18K) 10/23/01 "Vinegar: Not Just for Cleaning Coffeepots"
by THL M·irÌn ben DhÌarmait.
vinegar-msg (51K) 10/25/01 Vinegar in period. Making vinegar.

Mark S. Harris Austin, Texas StefanliRous at austin.rr.com