[Sca-cooks] SCA Slaughtering

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Dec 24 17:10:17 PST 2002

Kirsten asked:
> were are you located mundanely??..
> i will travel there if at all possible and be happy to get lessons on
> slaughtering and butchering.. period or modern.
>
> i have been trying to get lessons on hunting and butchering deer out here,
> and no luck.
While it would be preferable to get some lessons in person, here a few files

in the Florilegium that might be of use. I learned quite a lot from the hands-on

butchering class which Phlip taught at (actually offsite) Pennsic a few years

ago.
In the ANIMALS section:
butchering-msg    (51K)  2/21/01    Overview of butchering livestock and game.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/ANIMALS/butchering-msg.html
butch-goat-art    (16K)  7/14/98    "Butchering a Live Goat, for (and by)
                                        Beginners" by Charles McCathieNevile.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/ANIMALS/butch-goat-art.html
pig-to-sausag-art (17K)  8/31/98    From pig to sausage by Mordonna Dubois.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/ANIMALS/pig-to-sausag-art.html
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com