[Sca-cooks] Christmas Dinner?

Anne duBosc anne_du_bosc at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 24 23:10:59 PST 2002

Every modern adaptation of Wastels Yfarced I have seen has called for it baked.  However, the recipe in Forme of Cury says:
"Take a Wastel and hewe out (th) crinnes.  take ayren & shepis talow & (th) crin of (th) same Wastell powdo forte & salt w safron and raisons corance. & medle alle (th)ise yfere & do it in the Wastel. close it & bynde it fast togidre. and see(th) it wel."
Doesn't "see(th)" mean boil?  (My guess would be in "gode broth".)  Has anyone tried boiling it?  How does the loaf stand up to being boiled?
Mordonna
 Daniel Myers <doc at medievalcookery.com> wrote:
Asparagus
Broccoli