[Sca-cooks] OT:new question

A F Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 25 19:50:18 PST 2002

And in some old houses, that metal getting into your hot water is
lead... no, you don't want to eat it. Even if you have copper pipes,
they are often soldered with lead solder. Even cold water can pick some
up... they tell people in old houses to let the water run a few minutes
in the morning, or if it hasn't run for a while, to flush out water
which has been sitting in your pipes.

Anne
Who learned all this when she taught children who had had some lead
exposure...  be *really* careful if you remodel an old house around
small children!