[Sca-cooks] monks

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Dec 26 01:18:01 PST 2002

At 12:14 AM 12/26/02 -0600, you wrote:
>Misha/Friar Lawrence commented:
>
>(hmm. Maybe that should be "fryer Lawrence"? Wasn't Lawrence the one
>that got "grilled" :-) )

A-yup. The first known 'Church Barbeque'! ;-)

>> I just need to cut out and sew a habit for him. Been
>> lazy and lack of money.

>I suspect the latter two characteristics were common to many medieval
monks...

Poverty, yes. But if you read what their lives were like... laziness is not
a common component. 'Ora et labora'- work and pray.

Also, just as a warning- a clerical persona is easy to do- badly. To do it
right requires a fair amount of work, and a serious headshift. Not many
people I know can do it well.

'Lainie