[Sca-cooks] OOP: spice mix packets

sjk3 at cornell.edu sjk3 at cornell.edu
Thu Dec 26 05:56:20 PST 2002

One of the things that showed up in my stocking yesterday was a "Chicken
Moglai mix" (ParamPara brand). The instructions are intriguing: Take 500
grams of chicken, entire packet of Parampara Chicken Moglai Mix, 100
grams curd and 1 cup (150 ml) of water in a cooker.  Mix it well & cook
for 2 whistles.  Delicious Chicken Moglai is ready.  (For 3 persons.)"

Aside from the fact that it doesn't specify if the chicken is raw or
cooked, whole or in pieces, on the bone or off, what do they mean by
"cook it for 2 whistles"?  Somehow I doubt this is the Indian equivalent
of "for the time it takes to say two Aves."  Anybody have any ideas?

Sandra