[Sca-cooks] Slaughtering

Diana Skaggs liadan at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 26 07:36:17 PST 2002

Maire,
I was so young when I was fed squirrel, rabbit and venison, it didn't occur to me it "tasted different." I can attest to the fact wild game picks up flavor from what it eats. I was given several packages of venison harvested in NE Oklahoma.  I soaked, marinated, parboiled, everything and couldn't get the sulfer/acorn flavor from the meat. I had to give back the frozen meat when I realized *I* couldn't eat it. Venison harvested here in Central Oklahoma was sweet and after cooking, very hard to tell from beef.
Liadan
 Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com> wrote:Yeah, yeah! I'm beginning to wonder if *chicken* tastes like chicken!

--maire