[Sca-cooks] *Ahem*!!

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 26 09:51:15 PST 2002

I didn't get any marzipan either.  Not even lumps of coal.

Next year, we will ALL have to do something about keeping the good fresh for
a possible 1-2 week delay from oven to consumer.  I do love my butter cookies
but they do go stale. I know my spicebreads had to be awful by the time
people got them.  More brandy!  Either [1] choice of packing materials or [2]
choice of long-keeping items need to be updated.

Things that worked well:  the rum balls.  OK so they kind of melted together
but they seem to have tasted alright, or so my ghillie said before he scarfed
them all and went to take a little nap.  Jamil's fattmagandi or whatever
those crunchy things were;  the oil sealed the dough and the sugar sealed the
oil.  No nutritional value whatsoever, yay buddy!  Several people made
biscotti, which are =supposed= to be hard and soften when you dunk them in
coffee or whatever, that worked well too.  I need to look up the recipe for
ANZAC biscuits, those were designed for mailing to servicemen after all.

Happy times every day,
Selene Colfox