[Sca-cooks] Room Temperature

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Dec 26 12:13:34 PST 2002

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> So, any estimates of how long it takes to bring something out of the
> refrigerator at a temperature of somewhere around 34 to 40 degrees
> Fahrenheit up to room temperature, which as i said in my original
> message, is around 64 degrees Fahrenheit?
>
> An hour? Two hours? Three hours?
>
> I just want to serve something at room temperature that needs to be
> kept in the refrigerator until some time before serving, i'll say,
> "cheese spread", or a cooked dish of some sort that is best served at
> room temp., something whose flavor or texture is improved by not
> being at refrigerator temperature.
>
> Anahita

Now that you're a bit more specific, maybe I can help you ;-) If you're
talking something of a fairly small volume, or fairly thin, like one of
those 1 lb containers of chip dip, an hour should be sufficient. If it's a
larger volume, like a gallon, you may be talking 2-3 hours.

Phlip

cat.

Never a horse that cain't be rode,