[Sca-cooks] Fw: ***A Message From Bish. I'm O.K.

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Thu Dec 26 12:57:11 PST 2002

Also sprach XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com:
>The Bluefeather list has had an....interesting...discussion upon this person.

Which person? Geoffrey or Greco?

>I personally don't know either of the "Bish"'s so I can't comment.
>
>Question:I thought in the SCA you couldn't play anyone from the Church since
>the Church was so powerful that playing a Bishop or a Cardinal could give you
>a lot of power with the crowns. And how did these two men (Greco and
>Geoffrey) get the title of Bishop? From what i've heard, it seems like a VERY
>high honorary title.

As it seems you may have learned by now, clerical personae of various
sorts seem to be semi-and-unofficially reserved for gay and bisexual
SCAdians. In theory, such titles are not officially sanctioned by the
SCA, because of the SCA, Inc.'s refusal to espouse one religion over
another, or to officially support religious activities at our events.

The MSR, a.k.a. Medieval Studies and Recreations (Restorations?), or
some such, also known in the SCA as the Kingdom of Acre, may have
different rules about this.

Actually, from what I've seen, Master Geoffrey makes much less of an
issue of his Bishop-ness than Greco does.

Adamantius